It is crunch time at the casa.
We are buying uniforms, lunch supplies and getting ready for the start of school. At the moment, I am crazy busy. I have been taking notes and will update you on everything this weekend. Promise.
In the interim, I was so flattered to hear from Kathleen Gable, yesterday at Expat Alien. In addition to being a popular expat blogger, Kathleen has just written a new book about her experience growing up as a third culture kid. As we have been navigating the expat experience and trying to make sure it is a positive experience for the boy, it’s been so helpful to read her blog. She’s living proof that expat kids turn out VERY OK! To get an email from her saying that she nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award was the cat’s pajamas!
Did I mention this woman just wrote and published a book? Wow.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award has a few “rules” attached. Following are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you (see above) and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate several bloggers you admire.
- Leave a comment on each of the blog’s letting them know they have been nominated.
A very big “thank you” to Kathleen at Expat Alien for inspiring me to keep blogging! I appreaciate the recognition. Coming from her, it is very meaningful.
Are there 7 interesting things about me that you don’t already know? I’ll try.…
- I am allergic to ice cream, but if I see green mint chocolate chip, I will eat it anyways.
- My first job after college was driving the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
- I love OPI nail polish and have oodles of tweets and Pintrest boards dedicated to it.
- I take a lot of photos because I am scared that one day I will lose my eyesight.
- I avoid tall buildings because I was 9 1/2 months pregnant and in NYC on 9/11.
- If you and I were on a water ride together, I would probably pull a shower cap out of my purse and put it on. I don’t get my hair wet.
- I have been to all of the zoos in North America with pandas: San Diego, Washington DC and Mexico City.
Now, for a few bloggers who inspire me! You already heard about one — the lovely Kathleen! Here are a few more to check out (in no particular order):
- Beth and Joe are travel bloggers. Their blog, Simple Travel Your Way, chronicles their travel and adventures. I love the photography and the casual relaxed reporting.
- iGamemom is my go-to resource for apps for kids. My son always wants apps and counts on his phone or ipod for entertainment. I like her recommendations–and appreciate that she shows you what the heck the app looks like in the app store so you purchase the correct thing! Besides, anyone with kids needs to click on her advice for how to clean your nasty iPad screen after they’ve used it. Barf! I once used Windex (do not attempt) and then had to beg an Apple Genius for another one….
- In real life, I have a lot of cool friends. I really can only think of one of them–literally one–who is handy. I love visiting Young House Love because the bloggers are cool, hip, handy people. And, quite frankly, if I hd more friends that were handy (or friends in Richmond, for that matter), I’d want them to be my friends! They’re also writing a book too (before you ask, no I am not going to write a book). Which, I think is cool, and of course plan to buy to support them!
Hope that you like these blogs as much as I do. They’re interesting, useful and most importantly, inspiring!